I'm still not back to 100% health, but am resting at home and praying to get well soon so that I can be back in the action. However, one neat thing was that during the past 3 weeks, the schools have been closed for quarantine (for the flu) and the rugby girls asked if they could come over and watch a movie and hang out with me. So, while I'm still supposed to be resting at home, the action is coming to me instead of me being stuck here all day with nothing fun to do and missing out on all the action.
Several of the rugby girls stopped by today and we watched "Freaky Friday" together, ate popcorn and cookies and some freshly baked banana bread (which, praise God, turned out great). After the film, we had fun making lots of photos together and they asked if they could come back tomorrow. Of course!!
Sometimes I get discouraged when I'm unable to do my "job" as a sport trainer and have to miss practices or meetings or can't help a friend in need b/c I'm sick or out of town. However, God has recently reminded me that the most important work is not in being a great trainer, but in simply being a good friend to the girls and boys with whom I work each week. Building friendships takes time and involves more than just seeing people in a practice session or meeting. It means spending "down time" together and feeling free to just drop in uninvited anytime and hanging out together.
I had a lot of fun today, despite being tired afterwards, and am looking forward to the girls stopping by sometime tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment