23 October 2009

The umbrella everyone wants...

On Tuesday, on the way to practice, it looked like rain, so I took along my huge yellow and blue striped IKEA umbrella, which just happens to be the exact colours of the Ukrainian flag.

Anyway, there happened to be a concert in the center on Tuesday night and I had to walk through the concert area on the way to/from practice. The streets for several blocks around the center were all closed to motor vehicles and were packed with people enjoying the concert. It was difficult to even walk through the area because of the huge number of people.

On the way home from practice, it was raining, so I opened my patriotic-themed umbrella to protect myself and my friend from the rain, little realizing the rapt attention it would soon bring.

As we pushed our way through the celebratory crowd, everyone was staring at my umbrella and commenting on how cool it was. Several yelled out to ask if they could take a picture with it and one guy even tried to grab it from me, but I pushed his arm away. All the way home, all the bystanders kept talking about the umbrella, envying it, and wishing it was theirs...

Now, don't you wish you had such a cool, patriotic umbrella, the envy of everyone in your city?! (and just imagine if we had a bunch of these, we could make enough to support our camps and take care of gym rental and more) ;-)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love it! You never know what will be a hit--or what won't.

Anonymous said...

IKEA rules)))