Well, I seem to have a knack for finding "adventures" (or misadventures) - even small ones in the middle of the night. The other night, I reached to turn off the light and knocked over a cup of water - all over the electrical cords!
Needless to say, I had to clean up the puddles of water on the floor, unplug the electrical cord and dry off the plugs, then in the midst of this, the light stops working... So, I grab the flashlight which I keep nearby in case of emergencies, and when I turn it on, it briefly flickers and then goes out... Hmm, and this is supposed to be a "never die" flashlight (the kind you shake and it stores energy into the batteries). So, I start shaking and shaking and shaking it - but no luck. Finally, I go over and turn on the main light, finish cleaning up the mess and see that the reason the flashlight didn't work was not b/c it was out of juice, but b/c it was misaligned and the on/off button wasn't properly depressing the metal strip which makes closes the circuit to turn on the light! Then, just as I'm getting settled down again to sleep, the white noise generator I have to block out noisy neighbors (at all hours) and street sounds went crazy and started making weird crying sounds (and rather loudly). So, I turned it off, tried it several times and then it died completely...joy! So, back to sleep, with soggy books, flickering lamp, and not-so-ready emergency flashlight...
Thankfully, the next day the white noise generator resurrected itself and was back to normal as was the lamp and the books and the electrical cords. I just had to laugh - I always seem to attract these types of misadventures, and not so that just one thing happens at once, but multiple things all at once. I guess it keeps me on my toes or something... I'm just glad that God gave me a good sense of humor so that these things are humorous rather than annoying! :-)
Needless to say, I had to clean up the puddles of water on the floor, unplug the electrical cord and dry off the plugs, then in the midst of this, the light stops working... So, I grab the flashlight which I keep nearby in case of emergencies, and when I turn it on, it briefly flickers and then goes out... Hmm, and this is supposed to be a "never die" flashlight (the kind you shake and it stores energy into the batteries). So, I start shaking and shaking and shaking it - but no luck. Finally, I go over and turn on the main light, finish cleaning up the mess and see that the reason the flashlight didn't work was not b/c it was out of juice, but b/c it was misaligned and the on/off button wasn't properly depressing the metal strip which makes closes the circuit to turn on the light! Then, just as I'm getting settled down again to sleep, the white noise generator I have to block out noisy neighbors (at all hours) and street sounds went crazy and started making weird crying sounds (and rather loudly). So, I turned it off, tried it several times and then it died completely...joy! So, back to sleep, with soggy books, flickering lamp, and not-so-ready emergency flashlight...
Thankfully, the next day the white noise generator resurrected itself and was back to normal as was the lamp and the books and the electrical cords. I just had to laugh - I always seem to attract these types of misadventures, and not so that just one thing happens at once, but multiple things all at once. I guess it keeps me on my toes or something... I'm just glad that God gave me a good sense of humor so that these things are humorous rather than annoying! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment