15 April 2008

Waiting...

This month is a time of waiting on the Lord. The sports ministries I was previously involved in fell apart while I was gone, and I have entered a waiting period, seeking His will for me in what to do next. Soon, our summer camps begin, so there is practically speaking only about 1 month of regular sports ministry (or less) left before the summer season.

One thing that has come about as a result of not being so crazy-busy is that I've been able to help others more and have an opportunity to play sport myself, for the first time in a LONG time. It gives me such joy to play for a change, instead of only coaching and being out-of-shape and stuck to a computer most of the time. I can't tell you how long I've been praying for an opportunity to be involved in playing sport, rather than just coaching, but it's neat to finally have the time to pursue that and feel more complete again. There is also an opportunity to be involved in a local church's worship team, playing bass guitar, something I've really missed since moving to this city. Also, I now have more time for hanging out with friends and building deeper relationships, something which I consider to be more important that being busy getting "things" done.

So, all in all, despite the initial discouragement and disappointment at finding out that everything fell apart while I was out of the country for a little over 2 months, it's turning out to be something for good. And of course, everything is under God's control and timing - and His promise that everything will be worked out for our good in the lives of His children (Rom. 8:28).

(and "good" often means the refinement and development of one's character, which isn't usually fun while it lasts but is well worth the pain in the end!)

No comments: