08 September 2008

"Poop" phone brings big blessing!

If you don't like the title, I apologize, but that is what my mobile phone is being called, hence the name of this post.

In my next-to-last camp, my poor mobile phone had the misfortune to fall into the nasty pit toilet which had been dug for the camp (and was full of liquid and solid waste). I had no choice but to rescue the phone (with the help of my brave friend, Alyosha) b/c all the phone numbers and calendar info was on that phone, and I needed it to know how to get to the next camp! So, we rescued it (which was quite an adventure, as you can only imagine), using a shovel and a glove I swiped from the kitchen. It took 2 of us to rescue it and then I undertook the task of washing it and disinfecting it thoroughly. But, it still grossed people out...and the phone didn't totally work anymore either.

When I came to Sweden for a visit, they found out about the "poop" phone and surprised me last night with a really nice mobile phone which a man at their church had given for the cause. I promised to throw away the disinfected "poop" phone and transfer everything to the new phone right away. So, what was originally an unpleasant disaster, turned into a nice surprise and a big blessing for me! I have a really nice phone and it's definitely clean! :-)

I am very thankful for the wondeful friends God has blessed me with here in Sweden and with their loving care for me while I am staying with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does no one comment??