13 May 2009

Fun in the Forest

Saturday, a friend of mine and I got up early (way too early for my tired body) and headed into the forest with a group from a local church for a day of fun and games (which we would lead for them).

At first, I was tentative about missing sleep and being busy all day working b/c my body still hasn't gotten back to it's usual stamina and health...and if I work for an entire day without a break, I usually pay for it for the next several days with lethargy and exhaustion. However, after thinking and praying about it, I decided to go. So, I got together our equipment and we headed out to the nearby forest.

The air was superb, with that lovely fresh-pine scent and clean, clear air and quiet (a definite contrast to the dust and dirt and constant noise of the city). Although other groups soon arrived to share the forest, it wasn't too crowded. We were able to lead a few team-building games and enjoy grilled sausages and sandwiches. The group wasn't the most adept at the games, but they had fun anyway, which was a good thing.

After returning to the city, I quickly washed up and headed out for practice until late in the evening. Another day, more lack of sleep, but recharged and refreshed by being in the midst of God's beautiful creation on a nice, warm, sunny day.

No comments: